We don’t know about you, but this time of year can be a little hectic! Between work, home, kids, decorating, baking, events, parties and shopping it can become overwhelming. Buying presents for the holidays should not add to your daily stress, yet we all end up scurrying about looking for the right gift for the special people in our lives. Well, we decided that we don’t need our peeps stressing! We all know that as stress increases, our overall health decreases so to help you with ideas we created a list of our favorite gifts to give and those we have received.
As much as possible, these gifts are eco-friendly, natural, limit plastic and are health-promoting. We also chose several that are made in the U.S. or local. Please support local businesses during this time if possible. Enjoy the guides and let us know if you have questions!
- 1) Beautycounter Perfect Pout Trio– These are non-toxic and beautiful! No wrapping required because they come in a pretty red box or you can separate then and have gifts for 3 of your loved ones.
- 2) Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 2 Skillet Bundle– These are a chemical-free alternative to other non-stick pans. They last generations and can be used on the stove and in the oven. Family owned company and made in the U.S.A.!
- 3) Blue Light Shield Computer Glasses– Did you know that the blue light actually contributes to hormone dysfunction that can disrupt your sleep. Use these during the day and in the evening to get more rest. These also come with magnification if you typically wear reading glasses or “cheaters”.
- 4) Berkey Water Filter System– reduce toxic heavy metals such as lead and mercury without removing the beneficial and nutritional minerals needed to support a healthy body and mind. They also have filters that can remove fluoride from city water. Easy to use and the filters last a long time.
- 5) French Press Coffee and Tea Maker– made of glass, great tasting coffee-hot water is not being ran through a plastic system.
- 6) Smart Wool Socks- Made with Merino wool which breathes, wicks moisture and resists odors. So cozy, but you don’t overheat. Made in the U.S.A!
- 7) 23 and Me DNA Genetic Testing– learn about your genetics and connect with DNA relatives. Choose to receive reports on your ancestry, traits and health. You have the right to all of the raw data. It can be analyzed for genetic mutations to find out about possible health concerns. (Thanksgiving discounts and specials on website)
- 8) Primal Palate Organic Spices– High quality spices, non-GMO, organic, gluten free, Kosher and AMAZING. The blends with change your meals! Good luck picking because they are all great. Check out their Black Friday specials.
- 9) Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser- These are the diffusers we use in the clinic. They are simple, easy to use and have an automatic shut off.
- 10) Celebrations by Danielle Walker- Author of Against All Grain- this book is perfect for this time of year if you love to entertain. All of the recipes are grain-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free- comfort food dishes for holidays and special occasions.
- 11) 5 Blade Spiralizer- Perfect for gluten free meals. Just replace noodles with spiralized veggies for a healthy and tasty option.
- 12) No. 3 Balancing Spa Set- We love this set for refining skin texture and to give skin a smooth, polished appearance. This is such a fun gift and not just for women, men love it too.
- 1) Dentalcidin Broad-Spectrum Toothpaste with Biocidin– Did you know we have a microbiome in our mouth and that regulates your dental health including decay and placque? This is great for anyone, especially those with gum issues.
- 2) Yogi Teas- made with organic ingredients. There are many options to pick from, great to keep you warm and for cough and cold season.
- 3) Himalayan Pink Salt Grass-Fed Ghee- great flavor, lactose free- use to cook anything you normally would use butter for. Tasty!
- 4) Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups– Make sure you buy some for yourself and hope that they all make it into the stockings!
- 5) Whole Foods Gift Card- Can’t go wrong with this option!
- 6) DoTERRA Essential Oils- Oils are a great addition to your health and wellness plan. Along with a diffuser, oils make a cute and useful gift for just about everyone! If you would like to learn more about oils, click the link or let us know and we can put you in contact with a local wellness advocate.
- 7) Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara- No parabens, formaldehyde or heavy metals….and it works!
- 8) Primal Kitchen Gift Card- Have you been to Primal Kitchen in Heritage Square yet? Better get going! High quality food, organic, clean and nutrient dense…exactly what we all need. You will love it, we promise.
- 9) Simply Pressed Juice Gift Card- Cold pressed juice and health bar. Local and family owned!
- 10) OXO Avocado Slicer- Avoid “avacado hand” with this tool. Makes things much easier and you will save yourself a trip to the ER not using a big knife.
- 11) The North Face Cable Knit Mittens- fleece lined and very warm.
- 12) Stainless Steel Drinking Straws- less waste and no BPA on your lips all day long.
- 13) Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsals- If you have a baker in the family stuff these in their stocking. Gluten, soy, nut and dairy free. You can find these locally at Whole Foods, Fresh Thyme and Meijers.
Hope this helps take the stress off your gift buying this season. Many of these items will be on sale this coming weekend so make sure to save the email and links!
Integrative Health and Wellness would like to wish all of you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!